Valentine's Day at my home!


Everyone looks at Valentine's Day as a day of Love! Spending the evening going out with a special loved one.



Ever since I was a little girl, I remember spend Valentine's Day with my family. My amazing mom would spend the day cooking away in the kitchen. She made this gourmet dinner that was amazing! On top of all of that she would set the table up in a magically way.

Even as my family grow up and many of us kids, we moved away but we continued the tradition.

My kids love this tradition! It includes them in a big part of our life. This year I was able to share the tradition with Big D.

I spent a love portion of my day in the kitchen cooking and preparing for the big dinner. This is something I really enjoy doing. Everything was homemade and made from scratch.

The 5 course meal started with Shrimp Cocktail.


Then we have some salad.


Then next was a small bowl of Broccoli Cheese Soup.


The main dish Crab legs, twice baked potatoes and steak. Big D grilled the steak for us.


Then dessert! Chocolate with chocolate mousse, whip cream and strawberries!


It has been a few years for my kids since I did this last. My daughter asked if we were Royalty. I laughed. My family enjoyed the fancy dinner. I served each course. Removing the dishes in between each course. My favorite part of the evening is the conversation during the meal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Cooking Competition: Appetizer Edition!

Family Night Idea: Nerf War!