S'mores and Toasting Marshmallows

When was the last time you toasted marshmallows over the fire? I remember catching the marshmallows on fire as kids. My kids love burning their marshmallows. I know now why my mom always liked her marshmallows toasted never burnt. Yum, they are so good that way.



This past weekend Big D wanted to do s'mores but a none traditional way. Standing by the graham cracker at the store, we started looking for some ideas. I suggested chocolate chip cookies. Big D wanted the soft chewy ones. Have you seen the variety of cookies lately? Wow, I didn't even know half the flavors even existed.

We picked up some regular chewy chocolate chip cookies first. Then we grabbed some Chips Ahoy Reese's peanut butter cup ones.



Then we found the Chips Ahoy Fudge Filled ones. The fudge filled ones make awesome s'mores, but I suggest allowing the marshmallow time to heat up the cookies.





The cookies had the chocolate flavor to make them taste more like a s'more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Cooking Competition: Appetizer Edition!

Family Night Idea: Nerf War!

Valentine's Day at my home!