Wow, Is this really my life?

Seriously, I would have never imagined my life this way. It wasn't that long ago that I was in a loveless marriage. I was miserable and my health started to suffer. One day I decided that I have enough! Enough!!! So I changed my life. The first start was ending a 12 year marriage. It was scary, but I felt so relieved when I decided to go for it. I had my two kids to worry about. Shortly after this I meet the most amazing man, I could ever imagine.

I always heard that opposites attract. Forget that! This is so far from my relationship right now. I have a lot in common with him. I love that he is the sweetest, caring man, I know. He makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world.

I just had a birthday. I was really looking forward to it because it has been years since I have. A few days before my birthday, Derek was starting to get really excited. He planned to celebrate my birthday the day before since he was scheduled a long shift and it was Monday. Derek made it to Saturday and he couldn't wait anymore. He got me a cake and had the kids hide the gifts.

I was preparing dinner when I walked into our dining room, Derek was on one knee holding a ring. I started to cry because I never imagined I'd be so lucky. (I'm crying as I write this because I am really happy). Oh course I said yes!! I would have to be crazy to pass on this amazing man!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Cooking Competition: Appetizer Edition!

Family Night Idea: Nerf War!

Valentine's Day at my home!